Last month, Cameron from The Stimson Chronicles generously nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award and this week Gilit at Shoes Off Please graciously nominated me for the Seven Things About Me Award. They both bless my socks off for not only hanging out and reading my little ramblings, but by also sharing Storypiece with the people in their corner of the world. Ladies… you are the best!
As a part of accepting both awards, I’m suppose to share seven things that you may not know about me. So here goes. Oh… and after writing this post, I’ve discovered that apparently I’m fairly shallow and a tad judgmental. Consider yourself warned.
1. As much as I wanted to see Mr. & Mrs. Smith, once the Brangelina thing hit, I went all Team Aniston and refused to see it. I’m not sure what the statute of limitations is on being annoyed with celebrities that you’ve never met, but the clock started over for me when Angelina said that she loves watching the movie where she and Brad “fell in love”. Bad form! And it made me be all “A-HA! I KNEW IT!!” Sadly… I have no life.
2. I haven’t read The Hunger Games, but hope to. Conversely, I haven’t read Twilight and probably never will. There’s just something about it that doesn’t seem like a great role model for young girls to have when developing relationships. I have a hard time cheering for that and I like to cheer. Go Team Katniss!
3. I’ve never flown first class and it’s in the top five of my Bucket List. I’m a simple girl with expensive taste… what can I say.
4. Also on my Bucket List is to be a seat filler at the Academy Awards. Bonus points if I can fly first class to do this. However, I’ll need a mulligan if they seat me next to Brad and Angelina because that would just be the definition of awkward. You know… because they read this blog and all…
5. I have A LOT of useless pop culture information that bounces around in my head. (See 1, 2 & 4) However this makes me insanely awesome at trivia and games like “Scene It?”.
6. I’m super competitive and I WILL take you down. You can thank my dad and my brother for that.
7. And rounding out this list of nonsense is the fact that I don’t LOL. I’ll “Laugh out Loud” or “HA!”, but I don’t LOL. Also, ROTFL makes me think you threw up or something and every time I see LMAO I think Lame-O. I might be showing my age right now.
There you have it. Please don’t take my awards away before I get to share the blog award fest with others. Some recent favorites that I’ve been reading include:
Victoria Elizabeth Barnes: This gal is Grace Kelly with Bob Vila know how. Victoria and her husband are in the process of renovating a beautiful old victorian and I’m continually blown away by how this elegant lady isn’t afraid to roll up her sleeves and get down to the dirty work.
40 Is The New 13: Jennifer was Freshly Pressed a while back and I instantly knew why. Her writing is genuinely honest and laugh out loud funny. And she did an incredible post about “the Angelina” in her life that was really insightful.
Canadian Hiking Photography: Patrick stopped by my blog about two weeks ago and I’m so glad he did. His blog is the perfect blend of photography and storytelling. It’s like a picture book for grown-ups.
Elizabeth & Liz: Last winter, Tyson and I were watching a ton of Mad Men… part because of the writing and part because we love that era. So when I read Elizabeth & Liz, I was instantly hooked. Elizabeth analyzes the show and writes how to Mad Men up your life. Plus she feeds my pop culture addiction that I mentioned earlier.
Family Style Living: Pam & Lindsey are a mother/daughter duo that write their blog as a way to stay connected now that they live in different states. I love that!! And they both are super crafty.
Thanks again for continuing to hang out here and leave comments. Blogging has an outstanding and generous community and I’m so thankful to get to be a part of the fun.
So share… What has been the latest blog you’ve discovered and loved? What do you think draws you to certain blogs over others? Do you find that you make weird judgements about superficial things in life? Yeah… me neither.